Monday, October 3, 2011

PE1_iMovie

 I am currently studying iMovie ’11 essential training on Lynda.com.  I love how professional, clear, and nicely paced the tutorials in Lynda.com are.  Have you ever heard the saying, “The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know,” by Socrates?  This is how I feel right now. As a geek among geeks, I am really happy to learn that there is a not so new 8-pin fire wire 800.  I feel like I should have known that, but I didn’t.

I remember struggling with loading movies from my still camera.  I was willing to take extensive time to use trial and error to take still camera movies through iPhoto to put in iMovie.  I danced around on my computer for quite some time to get that answer, when all I should have done was to open Lynda.com, typed in iMovie 11 on the search, and scrolled to downloading from a still camera.  I could have completed the task in five minutes, and I would have been confident that I was completing the task correctly.

I ask technologists about computers, not to be provocative, but to see if they really have an answer to their personal computer preference.  My experience has been that Mac people are so dedicated to their computers if they actually utilize their computer.  If people knew about these types of learning tutorials, then I am sure that all computer users would thrive using the multiple tools that this device provides right out of the box.  My father is a retired technology teacher, and he is so pleased to learn about this technology.  I wish that technologists in my district were more open to using Mac computer technology.  I have used both, and this is my preference.   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment