Friday, October 7, 2011

PE2 - iMovie


I continue to experience the Lynda.com class called iMovie ’11 Essential Training.  Did you know that iMovie had a really great way to organize movie clips?  I have made several mini movies over the past several months.  Being a subject that is not a big fan of in front of the camera action. I have enough footage to redo the Lord of the Rings Trilogy in video format, albeit there would be a lot of bloopers and a few more hobbits.
We expect iMovie to be able to organize our clips.  That should be a standard operation of a program.  Something has to keep us organized now that Mom lives in another home.  Yet, did you know that one of the many things that iMovie can do is to scan for face shots?  Did you know that with a click of a virtual button you could scan parameters, tag sections, move video to outside hard drives, and organize relabeled events?
The editing options are quite complex, and precise.   I like the picture in picture effect and the altering of the primary colors within the clip. The process of scrolling the clips from top to bottom took me 1 minute and 16 seconds.  I love that I can choose to make the segments from .5 seconds to any size, which makes scrolling a lot less time consuming.
I have started to master my iMovie, which is much easier now that I have watched the training video.  I am going to work on my audio.  Next time I blog you, I will give you a sneak peak.  Stay tuned for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment