Friday, September 30, 2011

BP3_TheGameClassroom



screenshot taken from:  http://www.gameclassroom.com
I have this personal problem with the educational situation of my children.  You see I have a very academically savvy child who is interpersonally motivated.  The problem is that she is in a class of eight.  She is a high level second grader in a class with six kindergarteners and one first grader. As a parent, who knows that she has long days I feel I have to motivate her to continue challenging and achieving as she watches other children do so much less.
The Game Classroom web 2.0 is the perfect example of an easy efficient way for my daughter to gain skills at home, which can be found at http://www.gameclassroom.com.  There are color coded grade appropriate games perfect for maintaining classroom skills.  I loved the automatic progression and organization of these educational games was easy and fun. I decided to start with math games, and I was able to zip through a field while I practice math facts.  I was able to do this alone, or several people could sign in for the interpersonal experience.
I was then able to explore the self-paced reading comprehension pages while exploring multi-choice examination while exploring the main idea and the details of the writing.  I appreciate how the writing is in a font that is easy to read with accented graphics that do not detract from the overall message.
Binky’s facts and opinions discussion offers clear descriptions with animation that is both engaging and motivational. There are some activities that use conventional methods, while others are much more environmentally conscious.  As we continue through the technological age, we are addressing the need to be technologically savvy, environmentally friendly, and socially appropriate.  These games encourage the growth of a students’ self-efficacy, self-paced learning, and intra-personal skill checks.


Now that I have access to this interesting web 2.0, I will use this tool as a filler for my classroom.  I am sure my students will enjoy the activities that strengthen their skills.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Faith-
    This site looks great. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete