Saturday, October 15, 2011

PE5 - Google Docs

Okay… I have finished that the essentials learning video for Google docs on Lynda.com that was very informative and long.  I think that video is most useful as a reference tool.  I was able to view every readily available feature in Google docs, but unfortunately I didn’t get a certificate. I sent out my first email with the first survey, with a few hurdles relative to sending out mass electronic emails.  Apparently school emails do not like mass emails due to possible virus complication.

The staff at my school is happy to participate in the survey with Google docs because they are good people that like me.  The application is all about form with very little fun, but the ease of collecting a variety of forms is impressive and easy.  The operation helps with collaboration, but the operating system lacks creativity.  The user interface is very clinical. There are thousands of ways to organize the files and to search for the files collaboratively.  I think that working with children, for children, because of children and like a child is far more motivating for me than just talking about what we should do.  This assignment is the first assignment that feels like work instead of an intriguing challenge.



I think that this is how people feel when they are not using a Mac successfully.  People have offered to engage in my relevant innovative learning scenario (RILS) but they are not enthusiastic about participating. I made a valiant effort to create something relevant learning scenario, but I missed the innovative portion. Perhaps this is why Steve Jobs was the way he was, just to keep life fun and intriguing.  I am lost, like most educators on how to motivate people to engage in my idea, where as a therapist I able to incorporate other ideas.  Perhaps I can enlist the technology staff to assist me in my RILS so that this idea can gain steam. **pictures from Google stock photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment