Tuesday, September 27, 2011

BP1- Welcome Bloggers!



Picture taken from:  www.dreamstime.com free pictures
I know what you are thinking... another thing to look at within my busy day.  Don’t fret, I will promise to make the reading optional, for your pleasurable preference only. I do not have the read everyday police at my disposal.  If you are curious to know our news, merely take time to soak in the information if you think a topic applies.  More importantly, share your news.  We know you have fabulous things to say, and we are just putting ourselves out there so we can all say them.

My name is Faith Olarsch.  I am an occupational therapist, a mother of two, and the owner of Play to Learn OT Services, PLLC.  I think that we need to keep our children interested in learning.  They should feel motivated and excited about their experiences.  I believe that we should adapt appropriately for each student's strengths and weaknesses.  Technology is an effective way to adapt to the individual needs of the student.  

I have learned so many interesting things about technology that is available at our fingertips.  I am unhappy that our children are not learning all of this amazing technology using all of our free accessibility.  They can explore this technology on their our own, but I feel that teachers need to guide students through this process.  We need to learn to educate ourselves so that we can be free to utilize these valuable skills.  I would like the restrictions placed on technology to be more reasonable. Thank you for coming to visit, and please follow my page!

3 comments:

  1. I love the fish! I am so jealous! Edublogs does not have anything like that...at least, not that I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. September 29, 2011

    I would like to discuss technology and how that technology is changing us. We are becoming a united group of people. Even if we do not want to become unified energy we are in large groups experiencing similar things, even if you are watching the Red Sox fail to play well. We are learning at a much faster pace then was possible even ten years ago. There is much less time wasted traveling, seeking books, tracking down the librarian, and seeking the page of interest.

    This is what I want to know... are we progressing together? Are we listening more to each other or are we still dazzled by commercials that try to sell us something? Are we avoiding progress because there is an incapability to see the pros and cons? Are we, as a social group, a large ship that is slow to navigate? Are we moving together like a school of fish adapting to the waves of our climate to survive?

    A new age girl once told me that email was created to bring our energy together to a unified consciousness. I know for many that seems like a wild concept, but I have to say, I find that thought intriguing.

    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BP2 iGoogle PLE
    This is a reflection about setting up my personal learning experience (PLE). Setting up a PLE is much like shopping. The process takes time, some research, and lots of screening for choices. Once this is done you have quite a product. My advanced PLE is now a one stop visual shop for my projects. The click and go experience of a PLE is satisfying like having dinner waiting after a work day. I would suggest you try to put your own PLE together so that there is no concern that you can manage all of this technology that is multiplying by the minute in a comprehensive, easily manageable PLE.

    ReplyDelete